Monday, July 12, 2010

Cooking in Nicaragua

From June 26th - July 10th, I had the unique privilege of going to Nicaragua to share the gospel with the people there. We spent a lot of time hiking in the mountains and the villages of Ocotal and Wiwili handing out Bible study booklets that went along with a local radio program that would help them learn about the saving message of Jesus Christ as well as teach them how to study the Bible. However, I don't think that even a mission's trip would be complete without me getting to cook something. I was able to make pancakes for my team one morning for breakfast (one was intentionally made to look like Mickey Mouse), as well as cook french toast and ham another morning. I made guacamole from a handpicked avocado from a tree outside our residence, but unfortunately that was unable to be photographed. Mostly it was cooking over a gas stove/burner, and here are two pictures from what I was able to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment