Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spicy Chickpea Pasta


I've finally done it! Created a little dish of my own. Well, I can't take all the credit. I got the idea from Vegetarian Magazine, but I adapted it to fit my own taste (and what was available in my pantry at the time). However, it's so good that it just might make it to the top of my list of favorite pasta dishes (and believe me, when it comes to pasta, I love it all).

Serves 8

Ingredients:
1 lb. pasta (pictured is whole-wheat penne)
2 cans diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil
1 cup dried chickpeas (makes 2 cups when cooked) (or you can use 2 store-bought cans if you don't have any dried chickpeas on hand)
an array of spices - I used cayenne pepper (use more or less depending on how spicy you like it), oregano, thyme, cilantro (fresh or dried), garlic powder, and black pepper

Directions:
In one pot, cook pasta.
In 2nd pot, warm or cook chickpeas.
In 3rd pot, mix canned tomatoes with spices and let come to a boil.
Once chickpeas are warm or done cooking, mix in with the tomato sauce.
Pour sauce over pasta when done.
Serve immediately, while hot, topped with cilantro for a beautiful presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment